We are an ambitious small startup seeking top performers with infectious enthusiasm, passion, and conviction who will be as committed to our core values and mission as we are. Our company is small, so the pace is fast, and we juggle a lot, doing less with more. We have an exceptionally bright team brimming with ideas and curiosity who thrive on collaborating so be ready to share your knowledge and prepare for continuous learning. The spirit of Abpro is entrepreneurial so you need to be proactive, autonomous, and solution-oriented to keep up. We value our diversity and believe that every individual and ideas counts.
Our values are Accountability, Collaboration, Integrity, Excellence & Innovation which we incorporate into all that we do.
We are seeking a motivated individual for a research associate/senior research associate position that will specialize in antibody/protein engineering, gene sequencing, mammalian cell culture, and antibody expression/purification. This person will have good opportunity to experience many different areas in therapeutic antibody discovery, molecular biology and cell biology as an integral part of our Antibody Discovery and Engineering team.
- Sequence antibody variable (VH/VL) regions
- Construct and validate gene and plasmid constructs
- Express antibody/protein genes in mammalian cell systems
- Purification of antibodies/proteins
- Work as part of a scientific team to implement experimental plans
- Assist with regular assigned laboratory maintenance duties
- Communicate results of experiments with colleagues
- BS or MS with 0-3 years of related experience in molecular biology, immunology, biochemistry, or cell biology
- Hands-on experience and knowledge in general molecular biology, including PCR, DNA sequencing, and gene cloning and plasmid construction.
- Proficiency in mammalian cell tissue culture
- Knowledge or experience in protein expression and purification a plus.
- Self-motivated and collaborative, with excellent time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced excellence-driven environment
Job Type: Regular, Full-Time
What’s In It For you?
Abpro is growing quickly and opportunity abounds. We offer an environment where you’ll be exposed to multiple initiatives at once and have a direct impact on helping to further our mission. We are committed to work-life balance and, in addition to sick time, we offer 3 weeks vacation, flexible hours, and a Monthly Time Away From Work program. We want everyone to be comfortable in the office so dress code is casual. We offer a comprehensive Total Rewards compensation package including annual bonus, equity, and competitive base salary in addition to medical, dental, vision, LTD, STD, Life, and AD&D.